Edmond North High School Band - Established 1994
Throughout our history, the ENHS Band Program has a developed and fostered a tradition of musical excellence. Our ensembles have performed at the local, state, and national level to critical acclaim.
the "north vertical"
The "North Vertical" consists primarily of students from Cheyenne and Sequoyah Middle Schools. Beginning in the fall of 2016, every 6th grade band student at these two feeder schools will eventually make their way to the ENHS Band!
Our Concert Bands are the core of the ENHS Band Program and the foundation upon which all other band activities are built.
The Marching Band is the most visible performing ensemble of the Edmond North Band Program, performing at Edmond North football games, spirit events and throughout Oklahoma each fall with a unique and modern production.
The Jazz Band is a specialized ensemble in which students develop and perform a variety of works in the jazz idiom. Numerous styles are studied and instruction in improvisation is introduced.
Percussion Ensembles exist to enhance and enrich the concert band experience for all percussionists within the band program.
Color Guard is widely known as the “sport of the arts” and is intended to tell a story alongside the marching band.
awards and recognitions
Our program has a proud history that includes a multitude of awards and recognitions, including:
- Consistent, yearly OSSAA Sweepstakes Awards for Superior Ratings at marching and concert band contests
- Multiple "Finals" (top 12) placements at the Oklahoma Bandmasters Association Marching Contest
- Selection as an Oklahoma Music Educators Association Honor Band
- Numerous CODA Honor Band and OMEA All-State Band students
In an effort to serve our students a high-level, diverse high school band experience, the ENHS Band Program is committed to providing unforgettable musical opportunities that are both challenging and enlightening. Some examples include:
- Symphony Center, home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Carnegie Hall, New York City
- Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville
- London New Year's Day Parade (January 1, 2018)
- National Independence Day Parade, Washington, D.C.
- Magic Music Days, Disneyland in California
- Winter Park Ski-Music Festival